Employment & HR
The right tools for the job
Specialist employment law solicitors
Our experienced employment law solicitors are HR experts.
We know the law. Crucially, however, we know how to apply it in practice: to real staff with real issues in the real world.
We obviously provide employment law advice but often equally, or if not more importantly, we provide experienced advice on the commercial solutions and options to your problem whether it be on the shop floor, in the boardroom or anywhere else you operate. In other words we advise you on what we would do if we were in your shoes.
Above all, we know how challenging it is to keep pace with employment law. This is why we act as an extension of your business or HR team, giving you the powerful HR tools you need, when you need them most.
Helping you with employment law & contracts
Our experienced employment lawyers can provide advice on:
- contracts of employment
- Directors Service Agreements
- redundancy procedures
- disciplinary and grievance procedures
- discrimination claims
- the drafting and enforceability of restrictive covenants
- settlement agreements
- social media in the workplace
- contract and policy drafting
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and solutions-focused employment lawyers can help you:
- design employee incentivisation schemes including share option schemes, long term incentive plans and bonus arrangements
- draft HR policies and contracts of employment
- handle grievance and disciplinary matters
- navigate the complexities of TUPE including reviewing outsourcing and insourcing agreements
- prepare exit and settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- represent you in the Employment Tribunal, the Employment Appeal Tribunal and in the High Court
- implement redundancy and reorganisation programmes
- advise on the drafting and enforceability of post-termination restrictive covenants
What our clients say:
Michelle Miller, Private Client
“You did a fantastic job! I am very impressed. This was a hard situation with several unusual details. You and your team made it happen”
Wills & Probate Client, Bournemouth
“May I take this opportunity of thanking you and all personnel at Steele Raymond for the very professional and courteous manner in which you have dealt with my cousin’s affairs”
Robin Arkle, Premiere Coffee Ltd trading as Costa Coffee
“Steele Raymond have acted for me on over 50 property transactions, each one managed professionally, cost effectively and on time. The team have always been responsive and understanding of our needs, providing an outstanding service time after time”
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
Company & Commercial, Bournemouth
“On behalf of the partnership may I thank you for your generosity, efficiency and support – and above all for your patience!”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
At Steele Raymond, we cut to the heart of any dispute and bring it all into focus for you. Our pragmatic...
There are many different legal structures available to businesses. What was right for you in the past...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Thirty leading entrepreneurs in the South have been given insights into how to build and secure value in their businesses. The seminar was held by commercial ...
It’s been a bad week for the American worldwide transport company Uber. An employment tribunal has just awarded two so called ‘self-employed contractors’ ...
In the recent case of Heathcote and another v Doal and another  the County Court at Birmingham Technology and Construction Court reiterated the importance ...