Employment & HR
The right tools for the job
Specialist employment law solicitors
Our experienced employment law solicitors are HR experts.
We know the law. Crucially, however, we know how to apply it in practice: to real staff with real issues in the real world.
We obviously provide employment law advice but often equally, or if not more importantly, we provide experienced advice on the commercial solutions and options to your problem whether it be on the shop floor, in the boardroom or anywhere else you operate. In other words we advise you on what we would do if we were in your shoes.
Above all, we know how challenging it is to keep pace with employment law. This is why we act as an extension of your business or HR team, giving you the powerful HR tools you need, when you need them most.
Helping you with employment law & contracts
Our experienced employment lawyers can provide advice on:
- contracts of employment
- Directors Service Agreements
- redundancy procedures
- disciplinary and grievance procedures
- discrimination claims
- the drafting and enforceability of restrictive covenants
- settlement agreements
- social media in the workplace
- contract and policy drafting
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and solutions-focused employment lawyers can help you:
- design employee incentivisation schemes including share option schemes, long term incentive plans and bonus arrangements
- draft HR policies and contracts of employment
- handle grievance and disciplinary matters
- navigate the complexities of TUPE including reviewing outsourcing and insourcing agreements
- prepare exit and settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- represent you in the Employment Tribunal, the Employment Appeal Tribunal and in the High Court
- implement redundancy and reorganisation programmes
- advise on the drafting and enforceability of post-termination restrictive covenants
What our clients say:
Robin Arkle, Premiere Coffee Ltd trading as Costa Coffee
“Steele Raymond have acted for me on over 50 property transactions, each one managed professionally, cost effectively and on time. The team have always been responsive and understanding of our needs, providing an outstanding service time after time”
Private Client , Mr Thornton
“I’m so happy to have finally got the divorce settlement over the line. Thank you for taking on my case and for your professionalism in guiding me through it”
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
Residential Conveyancing Client, Bournemouth
“Sue Middleton and her team are first class”
Peter Philips, Unicorn Training Group
“Steele Raymond’s commercial advice coupled with practical guidance has been invaluable over the years in helping us move forward and is unmatched in my experience.”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
At Steele Raymond, we cut to the heart of any dispute and bring it all into focus for you. Our pragmatic...
There are many different legal structures available to businesses. What was right for you in the past...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Thirty leading entrepreneurs in the South have been given insights into how to build and secure value in their businesses. The seminar was held by commercial ...
LEADING Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond has reached another milestone having been recognised as one of Dorset and the South West's leading law firms in ...