Employment & HR
The right tools for the job
Specialist employment law solicitors
Our experienced employment law solicitors are HR experts.
We know the law. Crucially, however, we know how to apply it in practice: to real staff with real issues in the real world.
We obviously provide employment law advice but often equally, or if not more importantly, we provide experienced advice on the commercial solutions and options to your problem whether it be on the shop floor, in the boardroom or anywhere else you operate. In other words we advise you on what we would do if we were in your shoes.
Above all, we know how challenging it is to keep pace with employment law. This is why we act as an extension of your business or HR team, giving you the powerful HR tools you need, when you need them most.
Helping you with employment law & contracts
Our experienced employment lawyers can provide advice on:
- contracts of employment
- Directors Service Agreements
- redundancy procedures
- disciplinary and grievance procedures
- discrimination claims
- the drafting and enforceability of restrictive covenants
- settlement agreements
- social media in the workplace
- contract and policy drafting
We are committed to transparency on legal fees. Further details and indicative pricing for bringing or defending a claim of unfair dismissal can be found here.
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and solutions-focused employment lawyers can help you:
- design employee incentivisation schemes including share option schemes, long term incentive plans and bonus arrangements
- draft HR policies and contracts of employment
- handle grievance and disciplinary matters
- navigate the complexities of TUPE including reviewing outsourcing and insourcing agreements
- prepare exit and settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- represent you in the Employment Tribunal, the Employment Appeal Tribunal and in the High Court
- implement redundancy and reorganisation programmes
- advise on the drafting and enforceability of post-termination restrictive covenants
Amy Cousineau Massey
Associate Solicitor / Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator
We will only use this information to handle your enquiry and will not share it with anyone else.
What our clients say:
Karina Grassy , Slumbersac
“Steele Raymond have depth of knowledge across all of their commercial teams has given us the confidence to grow the business knowing that we are built on very solid foundations”
Chris Bryant, Subsea Vision Limited
“Thanks to the highly professional team at Steele Raymond, the takeover went very smoothly. Their help and support enabled us to enter into discussions and negotiations with the confidence that all legal aspects and requirements had been thoroughly investigated.”
Commercial Property Client, Bournemouth
“Once again, we thank you for your extreme professional approach”
Michelle Miller, Private Client
“You did a fantastic job! I am very impressed. This was a hard situation with several unusual details. You and your team made it happen”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
At Steele Raymond, we cut to the heart of any dispute and bring it all into focus for you. Our pragmatic...
There are many different legal structures available to businesses. What was right for you in the past...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Thirty leading entrepreneurs in the South have been given insights into how to build and secure value in their businesses. The seminar was held by commercial ...
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond has reached another milestone having been recognised as one of Dorset and the South West's leading law firms in ...