Tax, Trusts, Wills & Probate - Legal Secretary
Sue Adams, Partner, Head of Tax, Trusts, Wills & Probate
“As a firm, we are always on the lookout for talented people who want to build on our success and play an exciting part in our future. Steele Raymond is, at heart, a people business. For us, the law isn’t an abstract concept, rather it is something that is at the core of people’s lives and businesses.”
Legal Secretary - Private Client
We are currently seeking to recruit a passionate team member to join our Private Client team based in Southbourne.
The role would ideally suit someone who has a passion for the legal industry, thrives in a busy environment and being accountable for the service. Providing support to the firm, the successful candidate will be IT literate, highly competent and will be able to manage a varied workload to include:
Assist nominated fee earner wherever possible to include:-
- Handle telephone enquiries
- Handle client enquiries in person
- Provide exceptional client service
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings and keep an up to date diary
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- File maintenance (both hardcopy & electronic) including:-
- New matters and closing completed files
- Maintain client & contact data records
- Undertake conflict checks where instructed
- Create, edit & manage documents
- Prepare court forms & court bundles
- Receipt payments
- Produce draft bills and, when authorised, final bills
- General office duties such as copying, faxing, filing
- Assist other fee earners in the absence of their regular admin support
- Proven experience as legal secretary
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
We will only use this information to handle your enquiry and will not share it with anyone else.
We know that when life is busy - getting married, having children, buying a new home, or perhaps separating—the simple step of making a will to reflect new circumstances is often overlooked.
Our trusted wills and probate solicitors guide clients through the process of securing their loved ones’ futures and making sure their assets go where they want them to.
Our sympathetic probate solicitors can help clients deal with the complexities of managing a loved one’s estate after they die.
At Steele Raymond, we help clients care for those who matter to them the most.
We are a leading regional firm based in Bournemouth providing high quality commercial and private client services. We have been continuously Legal 500 ‘top tier’ rated for the last 14 years in our main practice areas of company & commercial, commercial property and commercial dispute resolution. Our private client offering is a significant and growing part of our practice. Our high quality work is recognised in the Legal 500.
We have a very clear strategy of sustained growth and client excellence. Our several offices have been completely refurbished in recent years and we have invested significantly in IT, marketing and practice management. We have significantly grown in the last few years by attracting excellent new partners and senior team members from other regional firms.
We are very proud of our values and friendly, supportive culture. We actively encourage all partners and staff to develop their potential and provide excellent prospects for career progression and promotion.
Put simply, we aim to be the best at looking after our clients.
EXCEPTIONAL LEGAL CAREERS
Find out more about us h2 >
When you have a critical business decision to make, you need advisors who work with you as part of your...
As you would expect from a full-service firm we offer a wide range of high-quality private client services...