Working with you
We specialise in advising a wide range of educational bodies from those providing primary education through to tertiary level.
We advise maintained and independent schools on a wide range of issues and disputes. A number of our partners are experienced school governers in both sectors and have a wide range of experience in governance and policy areas.
The range of legal advice required by educational bodies has increased over recent years and we can assist with all problems ranging from those relating to the campus and property, policy and governance, compliance and educational provision through to discipline and discrimination.
We are very familiar with the establishment and requirements of academies, compliance both within the maintained and independent sectors, the obligations of charitable bodies and corporate governance.
Our team comprises specialists from various parts of the practice with expert knowledge of the law which affects educational bodies.
We advise on a full range of education sector services including:
- advice to schools and colleges on all aspects of campus management
- staffing and educational provision
- disciplinary issues both in relation to staff and students
- educational corporate policy together with charitable and educational compliance
- constitutional documentation
- land and property related issues