A brief introduction
Carol is a partner in the commercial property team. Carol was previously a partner and head of commercial property at a firm in Poole. She has extensive experience of commercial property work in a wide range of sectors including retail, leisure, industrial, office and development.
Carol enjoys a very loyal client following and has a reputation for managing complicated property transactions within tight timescales. Carol works closely with her clients to achieve the best outcomes for them.
- Acting for commercial property developers in the acquisition of sites for development including dealing with site assembly and subsequent sale or letting of the units
- Acting for commercial property investors in the purchase, sale and letting of investment property
- Preparing and negotiating option agreements and conditional contracts including development agreements and warranties
- Acting for owners of industrial estates in the granting and renewing of leases and lease surrenders
- Acting for banks taking security over commercial property assets
- Dealing with the sale and purchase of businesses when it involves an asset sale and providing property support on company share sale transactions
- Acting on land transactions for charities
- Dealing with the acquisition of the assets of a car dealership by one of the largest privately owned motoring groups in the South of England
- The purchase of a development site comprising multiple parcels of land both registered and unregistered with a complicated contract conditional on planning
- The redevelopment and expansion of a key local tourist attraction including advising on a development agreement, planning and covenant approvals to a very tight timescale
- The sale of a site to a national supermarket conditional on planning and alternative site acquisition for the garden centre business that was relocating
- Dealing with the acquisition of a large commercial site and associated funding agreement. Subsequently preparing the estate for sale and leasing and then dealing with the infrastructure agreements and sales and leases