A brief introduction
Lauren currently acts for clients on a wide range of commercial disputes and specialises in property and construction disputes. A strong negotiator with a commercial approach, whilst Lauren is highly experienced in dealing with Court proceedings her primary aim is to avoid Court action if possible and to instead achieve the best possible outcome for her clients at the earliest opportunity in order and save her clients time and costs.
Lauren is also an active member of the Property Litigation Association and the Bournemouth Property Association and enjoys developing existing and new relationships through attending their events.
Lauren provides advice and acts on a variety of matters including:-
- Acting for parties in relation to complex contractual disputes.
- Advising parties on a full range of construction disputes including architects’ and solicitors’ negligence arising out of major construction projects.
Commercial and residential property disputes including:-
- Advising and acting for a variety of clients in relation to a broad range of property matters.
Mediation and other methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Extensive experience using different methods of ADR to achieve the best possible outcome for clients at the earliest opportunity in order.
- Acting for the owners of new build premises in connection with a claim for remedial works and damages for loss of rental income as a result of defective construction works.
- Advising landlord and tenants on a number of different issues that arise in connection with commercial leases caught by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (including service of section 25 notices and section 26 requests, issuing and dealing with proceedings in connection with both opposed and unopposed lease renewals and dealing with claims for interim rent).
- Preparing and serving break notices, advising on the validity of break notices and advising on satisfying break notice pre-conditions.
- Acting for clients in relation to bringing leases to an end including by way of surrender and by way of forfeiture (including the preparation and service of section 146 notices and advising on / preparing and serving applications for relief from sanction).
- Bringing successful urgent possession proceedings against squatters 3 days before Christmas.
- Recovery of rent arrears.
- Service charge disputes and other breach of covenant disputes.
- Dilapidations including advising on dilapidations obligations, formerly serving schedules of dilapidations, dealing with disputes and documenting dilapidations settlement agreements.
- Boundary disputes, nuisance and rights of way.
- Acting for a large commercial landlord in opposing a tenant’s High Court application for injunctive relief following forfeiture action.
- Acting for a large retail client in defending a landlord’s opposition to the renewal of its Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 protected tenancy on redevelopment grounds.