A brief introduction
Simone is a senior associate in the dispute resolution team, specialising in property disputes and litigation. Simone has significant experience while previously working at one of the world’s largest corporate law firms.
She is experienced in a wide range of property disputes and acts for landlords, tenants, developers, development agencies, banks and insolvency practitioners.
Simone frequently speaks at external seminars and conferences, having regularly been asked to provide training to RICS, local councils and to the Association of Chief Estates Surveyors.
She can provide tailored, practical training to both internal and external teams on a range of property related issues. She is also a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- advising on all types of landlord and tenant disputes including residential and commercial property
- advising on business rate mitigation schemes
- advising on issues relating to the interpretation of contracts
- dealing with dilapidation claims, including advising on the applicability of s18 defences
- dealing with disputes arising from commercial or residential property development, working with a variety of clients in connection with disputes and providing strategic and tactical advice for dispute avoidance or mitigation
- experienced in running complex arbitration and expert determination claims
- acting in relation to injunction proceedings, particularly in relation to breach of covenant, infringement of easements, nuisance and rights of way
- dealing with all aspects of leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- acting in relation to agricultural disputes, including in relation to farm business tenancies
- advising in relation to all contractual and professional negligence property claims
- acting in relation to contested probate issues concerning interests in property
- acting and advising in relation to First Tier Tribunal disputes
- acting and advising in relation to Lands Chamber proceedings relating to leasehold enfranchisement and restrictive covenants
- advising on the operation of pre-emption rights granted in the 1950s over industrial land
- advising and acting for a major residential developer in a dispute over the meaning and effect of a balancing payment provision and a development agreement
- acting for the landlord in a claim for damages for terminal dilapidations in relation to a listed building
- acting for a variety of national retailers in respect of their property portfolio management needs
- advising a number of clients in relation to business rates mitigation strategies
- successfully acting for a landlord in respect of complex residential possession claim concerning the form of tenancy the tenant was occupying under
- undertaking successful adverse possession and trespass claims on behalf of both claimant and defendant
- acting in relation to complex breach of trust claims regarding agricultural property