Caring for your future
Elderly care lawyers
Choosing the right care or nursing home for you or a loved one is often a major lifetime decision, so it needs careful thought.
Our experienced care solicitors can help you deal with the complexities of care or nursing home fees now, or advise you on how best to plan for them in the future.
If you need more specialist support on NHS continuing healthcare or want to make a lasting power of attorney (LPA), we can guide you through every step of the process.
Helping you with NHS continuing healthcare
Our experienced elderly care lawyers can provide advice on:
- NHS continuing healthcare funding (also known as ‘fully-funded NHS care’)
- personal health budgets
- care funding options and planning
- Court of Protection matters
For more information on how we can help you make, register or end a lasting power of attorney (LPA), please visit our Powers of Attorney page.
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and caring elderly care lawyers can help you:
- apply for NHS continuing healthcare funding for future care
- apply for NHS continuing healthcare funding retrospectively or on the fast-track pathway, such as when your condition or that of a loved one’s is deteriorating quickly
- manage your personal health budget (i.e. the amount of money given to you or a loved one for their health and wellbeing) and care plan
- understand your care funding options including deferred payment schemes and third party top-ups
- apply the regulations used by local authorities to determine how much you or a loved one should pay for their residential care
- apply to the Court of Protection where a loved one is or may be suffering financial or other abuse under a power of attorney
- understand how to protect your family home from assessment for care or nursing home fees
What our clients say:
Ms M, Winchester, Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathy towards clients ... I would strongly recommend you to other people”
Peter Lowther, Ability Projects Ltd
“Steele Raymond were exceptionally knowledgeable, efficient and dedicated to ensuring this complex deal was completed successfully. Steele Raymond’s service was truly top quality and I would have no hesitation at all in recommending them to any other business owner”
Ray Mann, Managing Director, West Wales Airport Ltd
“West Wales Airport is a unique centre that operates at the leading edge of the Unmanned sector of the aerospace industry. For the past 15 years it relied upon Chris Twaits for support in a number of important areas, including the development of its property portfolio and the protection of its commercial interests. The services supplied have never been found wanting and have always been delivered in a professional and friendly manner. The management team at West Wales Airport are grateful to have Steele Raymond behind them.”
Lynne Palau , Hotel Collingwood
“The team, did an excellent job. Steele Raymond have depth of knowledge across all of their commercial teams which has given us the confidence in our decisions and clarity for the future”
Nic & Clare Lewis, Rotable Repairs Ltd.
“Having commercial solicitors that we have worked with for several years and who understood the aviation industry benefited the transaction immensely. Steele Raymond were exceptionally proficient, diligent, professional, and on point at every turn of this transaction”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
We know that when life is busy—getting married, having children, buying a new home, or perhaps separating—the...
In the past two decades, the tax code in the UK has trebled in size. Making your way through this constantly...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
From 6 April 2017, new rules come into effect for individuals who are not domiciled in the UK. In very broad terms, a non-UK domiciled person is someone ...