Caring for your future
Elderly care lawyers
Choosing the right care or nursing home for you or a loved one is often a major lifetime decision, so it needs careful thought.
Our experienced care solicitors can help you deal with the complexities of care or nursing home fees now, or advise you on how best to plan for them in the future.
If you need more specialist support on NHS continuing healthcare or want to make a lasting power of attorney (LPA), we can guide you through every step of the process.
Helping you with NHS continuing healthcare
Our experienced elderly care lawyers can provide advice on:
- NHS continuing healthcare funding (also known as ‘fully-funded NHS care’)
- personal health budgets
- care funding options and planning
- Court of Protection matters
For more information on how we can help you make, register or end a lasting power of attorney (LPA), please visit our Powers of Attorney page.
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and caring elderly care lawyers can help you:
- apply for NHS continuing healthcare funding for future care
- apply for NHS continuing healthcare funding retrospectively or on the fast-track pathway, such as when your condition or that of a loved one’s is deteriorating quickly
- manage your personal health budget (i.e. the amount of money given to you or a loved one for their health and wellbeing) and care plan
- understand your care funding options including deferred payment schemes and third party top-ups
- apply the regulations used by local authorities to determine how much you or a loved one should pay for their residential care
- apply to the Court of Protection where a loved one is or may be suffering financial or other abuse under a power of attorney
- understand how to protect your family home from assessment for care or nursing home fees
What our clients say:
Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am really grateful that I met you two, my dream team as I always refer you to. I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathetic towards your clients. I would strongly recommend you, Lindsay, to other people”
Company & Commercial, Bournemouth
“On behalf of the partnership may I thank you for your generosity, efficiency and support – and above all for your patience!”
Chris Bryant, Subsea Vision Limited
“Thanks to the highly professional team at Steele Raymond, the takeover went very smoothly. Their help and support enabled us to enter into discussions and negotiations with the confidence that all legal aspects and requirements had been thoroughly investigated.”
Karina Grassy , Slumbersac
“Steele Raymond have depth of knowledge across all of their commercial teams has given us the confidence to grow the business knowing that we are built on very solid foundations”
Evelyn Sharman & Martin Hacker, Residential Conveyancing Client
“We just wanted to say a big thank you for everything you did to make our sale and purchase so straightforward and painless for us. The whole procedure was done so efficiently and enabled us to carry on with our work and other preparations for the move”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
We know that when life is busy—getting married, having children, buying a new home, or perhaps separating—the...
In the past two decades, the tax code in the UK has trebled in size. Making your way through this constantly...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
From 6 April 2017, new rules come into effect for individuals who are not domiciled in the UK. In very broad terms, a non-UK domiciled person is someone ...