Tax & Trusts
Powerful financial solutions for you and loved ones
Tax & Trust Solicitors
In the past two decades, the tax code in the UK has trebled in size. Making your way through this constantly expanding rulebook can be a daunting prospect.
That’s why you need tax & trusts solicitors who can help guide you through these complexities.
Whether you are inheritance tax planning or setting up trust funds, at Steele Raymond, our lawyers specialise in both tax law and trusts law.
We help you see the bigger picture, giving powerful solutions to you and your loved ones.
Helping you with inheritance tax planning & trust funds
Our experienced tax and trust lawyers can provide advice on:
- taxes such as:
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Inheritance Tax (IHT)
- Stamp duty (SD) and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Income Tax
- National Insurance contributions (NICs)
- tax reliefs such as:
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- Business Property Relief
- Agricultural Relief
- Private Residence Relief
- trusts (onshore and offshore)
- UK tax aspects for international clients
- tax and trust issues arising from divorce or dissolution
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and caring tax and trusts lawyers can help you:
Tax: we can help you:
- prepare annual tax returns and trust accounts
- understand and manage any Capital Gains Tax liabilities including Private Residence Relief
- understand and manage any Inheritance Tax liabilities including the use of wills and onshore and offshore trusts
- deal with any tax issues on a business sale including Entrepreneurs Relief
- deal with any tax issues on a corporate reorganisation including Stamp Duty Land Tax
- apply any reliefs such as Business Property Relief and Agricultural Relief
- help you mitigate any Income Tax liabilities particularly on trusts
- understand various cross-border tax aspects
- prepare a will and related onshore and offshore trusts (see: Wills & Probate)
Trusts: we can help you:
- work out the most appropriate trusts for estate planning (e.g. for legitimate Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning purposes)
- draft and understand trust deeds including:
- disabled persons’ trusts
- personal injury trusts
- administer established trusts
- manage trust assets
- understand your duties and responsibilities as a trustee
- liaise with beneficiaries on their entitlements
What our clients say:
Robin Arkle, Premiere Coffee Ltd trading as Costa Coffee
“Steele Raymond have acted for me on over 50 property transactions, each one managed professionally, cost effectively and on time. The team have always been responsive and understanding of our needs, providing an outstanding service time after time”
Robert Braithwaite, Sunseeker
“I instructed the company takeover team at Steele Raymond due to their excellent reputation. The team worked tirelessly to achieve a successful completion of the sale and it was a pleasure to work with such driven, focused and talented individuals”
Family Client, Bournemouth
“I am really grateful that I met you two, my dream team as I always refer you to. I am sure many of your clients would feel the same way about you, your attention to detail, professionalism, sympathetic towards your clients. I would strongly recommend you, Lindsay, to other people”
Peter Lowther, Ability Projects Ltd
“Steele Raymond were exceptionally knowledgeable, efficient and dedicated to ensuring this complex deal was completed successfully. Steele Raymond’s service was truly top quality and I would have no hesitation at all in recommending them to any other business owner”
Michelle Miller, Private Client
“You did a fantastic job! I am very impressed. This was a hard situation with several unusual details. You and your team made it happen”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
We know that when life is busy—getting married, having children, buying a new home, or perhaps separating—the...
It’s not easy to think about a time when things might not be like they are today. But there are times...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
From 6 April 2017, new rules come into effect for individuals who are not domiciled in the UK. In very broad terms, a non-UK domiciled person is someone ...