Tax & Trusts
Powerful financial solutions for you and loved ones
Tax & Trust Solicitors
In the past two decades, the tax code in the UK has trebled in size. Making your way through this constantly expanding rulebook can be a daunting prospect.
That’s why you need tax & trusts solicitors who can help guide you through these complexities.
Whether you are inheritance tax planning or setting up trust funds, at Steele Raymond, our lawyers specialise in both tax law and trusts law.
We help you see the bigger picture, giving powerful solutions to you and your loved ones.
Helping you with inheritance tax planning & trust funds
Our experienced tax and trust lawyers can provide advice on:
- taxes such as:
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Inheritance Tax (IHT)
- Stamp duty (SD) and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Income Tax
- National Insurance contributions (NICs)
- tax reliefs such as:
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- Business Property Relief
- Agricultural Relief
- Private Residence Relief
- trusts (onshore and offshore)
- UK tax aspects for international clients
- tax and trust issues arising from divorce or dissolution
There’s no substitute for hard-earned experience.
Our responsive and caring tax and trusts lawyers can help you:
Tax: we can help you:
- prepare annual tax returns and trust accounts
- understand and manage any Capital Gains Tax liabilities including Private Residence Relief
- understand and manage any Inheritance Tax liabilities including the use of wills and onshore and offshore trusts
- deal with any tax issues on a business sale including Entrepreneurs Relief
- deal with any tax issues on a corporate reorganisation including Stamp Duty Land Tax
- apply any reliefs such as Business Property Relief and Agricultural Relief
- help you mitigate any Income Tax liabilities particularly on trusts
- understand various cross-border tax aspects
- prepare a will and related onshore and offshore trusts (see: Wills & Probate)
Trusts: we can help you:
- work out the most appropriate trusts for estate planning (e.g. for legitimate Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning purposes)
- draft and understand trust deeds including:
- disabled persons’ trusts
- personal injury trusts
- administer established trusts
- manage trust assets
- understand your duties and responsibilities as a trustee
- liaise with beneficiaries on their entitlements
What our clients say:
Company & Commercial, Bournemouth
“On behalf of the partnership may I thank you for your generosity, efficiency and support – and above all for your patience!”
Evelyn Sharman & Martin Hacker, Residential Conveyancing Client
“We just wanted to say a big thank you for everything you did to make our sale and purchase so straightforward and painless for us. The whole procedure was done so efficiently and enabled us to carry on with our work and other preparations for the move”
Steve Siggs, Clark Group
“Steele Raymond’s advice and assistance was as invaluable as ever in completing this acquisition. We have worked with the Steele Raymond team many times over the years and they always provide a comprehensive top tier service which we know and trust as the best in the region”
Philip Coward, The Hill Brush Company Ltd.
“The legal advice provided to us by Steele Raymond has been of huge value throughout this long and complex development process. Steele Raymond has been by our side every step of the way, providing responsive and first-rate advice”
OTHER SERVICES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
Related services h2 >
We know that when life is busy—getting married, having children, buying a new home, or perhaps separating—the...
It’s not easy to think about a time when things might not be like they are today. But there are times...
OUR EXPERTS SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Related News & Insights
Leading Dorset solicitors Steele Raymond LLP has unveiled the refurbishment of its Southbourne offices. The refurbishment has created a new fresh office ...
From 6 April 2017, new rules come into effect for individuals who are not domiciled in the UK. In very broad terms, a non-UK domiciled person is someone ...