Working with you
We advise complex legal issues surrounding the care of the elderly, including NHS Continuing Healthcare funding and care fees funding generally and other financial issues for those in care. Very often our clients are the close family or friends of the person in need of help.
We can advise and help in relation to these matters. Taking advice sooner rather than later can often avoid difficulties in the future.
Areas we cover include:
- making an application for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding
- making retrospective applications for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding
- advising regarding the funding of care and the options available, deferred payment schemes and third party top ups
- applying the CRAG guidelines to ensure that disregards and discretions are applied
- making applications to the Court of Protection where an elderly or vulnerable person is suffering financial abuse (for example by an attorney or relative acting without a power of attorney)
- advising regarding the protection of the family home from assessment for care home fees within the current rules