Working with you
Tax issues arise in many areas of law and the tax team work closely with our other teams wherever required. We also work closely with accountants and other tax and financial advisers. This mix of skills and approaches in what are often highly complex issues can be vital.
We advise in particular in relation to estate planning, business succession planning, business structures and restructuring, inheritance tax mitigation, capital gains tax and income tax and stamp duty land tax, both for individuals and for trustees, both on shore and offshore.
We advise on tax planning using the reliefs set out in the legislation and strategies well known and accepted by HM Revenue & Customs.
- inheritance tax planning - including the use of Wills and onshore and offshore trusts
- use of business and agricultural property relief
- capital gains tax – including private residence relief
- tax issues on business sales – including entrepreneurs relief
- tax issues on corporate reorganisations including Stamp Duty Land Tax
- income tax mitigation particularly in relation to trusts
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax
- various cross border tax aspects