A brief introduction
John has wide experience in several sectors and is partner within the private client team. In his current role he takes appointments as Deputy, Attorney, Executor and Trustee. He has experience in the contentious aspect of private client work including various types of applications to the Court of Protection, probate, inheritance disputes and trust litigation.
He is widely experienced in personal injury and clinical negligence work gained over many years including catastrophic injury and complex negligence claims.
John has a special interest in education and has been a school Governor at various schools for over 30 years. He advises in all aspects of education in the maintained and independent sectors in relation to curriculum matters and those involving students, issues relating to governance and staffing.
- disputes regarding wills, estates and trusts
- applications to the Court of Protection
- wills and probate
- deputyships and power of attorney
- clinical negligence and personal injury
- disputes regarding educational matters including special educational needs and student discipline
- advice on governance and policy issues in both maintained and independent schools
- proceedings in the Court of Protection
- various disputes regarding validity of wills and administration of estates
- inheritance claims of various sizes and complexity
- clinical negligence including cerebral palsy and catastrophic surgical error
- GP and dentist negligence