A brief introduction
Peter is the firm's Managing Partner and head of the dispute resolution team.
Peter acts in a wide range of commercial disputes and has particular expertise in construction disputes and contentious employment issues. He is recognised by the Legal 500 as having “amazing knowledge” in his field of expertise. Peter has a particular interest in commercial mediation having been accredited as a mediator by CEDR since 2000.
- advising parties on a full range of construction disputes including architects’ and solicitors’ negligence arising out of major construction projects
- acting for parties in complex contractual disputes
- acting in contentious employment claims before the Employment Tribunal and High Court. Peter has a particular interest in the enforcement of restrictive covenants
- dealing with a range of contentious issues in the independent education sector
- expertise in shareholder and partnership disputes
- extensive mediation experience acting for parties in a range of commercial disputes
- generally regarded as one of the leading solicitors in the country regarding the civil law relating to dogs and liability for dog related incidents
- multi-million pound claim and counterclaim regarding the construction of two ferries
- complex contractual dispute regarding the rights under a supply agreement with European distributorships
- contentious employment claim regarding whistle blowing allegations including contested proceedings in the Employment Appeal Tribunal in which he successfully resisted a substantial claim
- complex contractual dispute arising out of distribution agreements with Australian distributors including proceedings issued and defended in Australia
- multi-party construction dispute regarding the construction of prestigious multi-million pound property in Sandbanks to successful mediation