A brief introduction
Tim is a partner and is the company and commercial team leader. He is also the firm's Chairman.
Tim acts for a wide range of business clients across various sectors. He has particular expertise in acting for both sellers and buyers of private companies (M&A) and during his career has been involved in some of the region's leading M&A transactions.
The leading independent guide to the legal profession (Legal 500) acknowledge Tim as an ‘excellent’ lawyer, with ‘in-depth knowledge’ and being an adviser who ‘gets straight to the point’.
- advising sellers and buyers of private companies (shares and asset sales)
- acting for management buy-out or buy-in teams
- preparing shareholders and joint venture agreements
- preparing and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts
- preparing terms and conditions of sale and purchase for business
- dealing with company share buy-backs
- advising on lending and security documentation
- advising on LLP and partnership matters
- Lead advisor to the selling shareholders in the sale of Classic Bag to Bunzl Plc
- lead advisor to the selling shareholders in connection with the sale of Ability Projects to the Glen Dimplex Group
- lead advisor to the selling shareholders in connection with the £23million LDC backed management buy out of Bofa International Limited, the world leader in fume extraction technology
- lead advisor to the Bath family in connection with the sale of Bath Travel to Hays Travel Group
- lead advisor to the selling shareholders of the UK, ROI and Spain's Pilatus private aircraft dealership
- lead advisor to the selling shareholders of Keith Spicer Limited (tea and coffee merchants) to Harris Freeman Asia
- advising a manufacturing and sales company on setting up a new group structure and international trading division
- assisting an engineering company on the creation of employee share incentive schemes
- advising the founder in a management buy-out of a specialist manufacturing company